10 responses

1. CoachLiz
    March 26, 2010

I know you travel all over the world with your bike but to you pack your trainer and travel with that as well or is that a trainer you bought and just leave up at Mom and Dad’s place?

Whoo Hoo for sunny days! I hope it will be sunny when I go back in June and run the marathon with my brother.

2. Rainmaker
    March 26, 2010

Hey Liz-

Actually, the trainer is at their place. I have a little trainer (I call it little red, from Performacne Bike), but they also have two more powerful trainers (the ones pictured), which is what I used this time. Little red is a trooper, but it doens’t compare to these two from a resistance standpoint.

Also, normally I just my bike that’s out there (I have an older Fuji Road bike), but because of the race, I took out a bike.

Have a good weekend!

3. Bob
    March 27, 2010

Whatever a magic is, you don
    t get much rest between ’em.

4. Courtenay
    March 27, 2010

Your parents’ place is in Kirkland? There is a great and fairly new masters program at Juanita High School (SCY but still it’s good). Where did you swim?

5. ShirleyPerly
    March 28, 2010

Well, at least you have some 50m pools. There’s only one 50y pool I know of in Orlando but it’s only open during summers and in the afternoons when it’s super hot out, not good for lap swimming.

Good for you bringing your trainer. My hubby has 3 of them (one in DC, home and Omaha).

6. Blog
    March 28, 2010

What type of bike box do you use when you carry your bike around?

Hey, it would be interesting to see what and how you pack your bike :)

7. Rainmaker
    March 28, 2010

Hey Bob-

Nope, only two minutes between. :-/

Hey Courtenay-

They’re up in little Ole Mukilteo, so I swam in North Seattle on my way home from downtown. Seattle has a few indoor facilities that are city owned, so just did that one.

Hey Blog-

I use a Performance Bike box. But…it sucks…really bad. I determined this was actually it’s last trip. I’ve been thinking about putting something together on how I pack. Though, I don’t pack it as well as most do. I’m a little more lazy there. As for the Perf Box, the issue is that while the shell is fine – the hinges/clips/straps/etc, are all crap-components, and have easily broken (everything) in just the last three years. Sad panda.

8. Brucelan
    March 29, 2010

Talk about misunderstandings…

When you came back from your training session out on that cliff, you mentioned to me that “the scenery was awesome”. For some reason, I thought you were speaking of all the young, fit women that run over there. But you were really talking about the Seattle skyline?? My bad.

9. Paulie
    March 29, 2010

I’m surprised that you are using your trunk to hold your bike. I have the same car and can fit my bikes in the back seat, which saves the trunk for other stuff.

10. Manu
    March 31, 2010

How beautiful can life be ?
    Living in Washington DC, parents living at the Westcoast…
    I can only dream of it in the very faraway Belgium !